Bonjour, y’all! Fun fact about me: I can speak French fluently! Another fun fact about me: I am obsessed with my hair… Good hair runs in my family and I actively try super hard to take care of my hair and keep it long and thick and super healthy/damage-free. So naturally, I have a drawer stacked to the brim in my bathroom dedicated to hair care products. And naturally, I have a huge list of my favorite hair care products, each for their own unique reasons!
1. TRESemme “Freeze Hold” (level 5/purple) Hairspray – I have been using this exact hairspray since my competitive cheerleading days when I was five years old! I love it because it’s so versatile – I can use it to hold in my tight, curled ponytail all day long while I go flip around and do some stunts in cheerleading, but I can also use it to hold my daily curls for work – it’s super strong, yet it’s buildable so it doesn’t make my hair “crunchy” when I’m just using it for an everyday hairstyle. And it lasts all day plus it’s only $4!
2. Kevin Murphy “Bedroom Hair” Texturizing Hairspray – omg y’all, this stuff changed my life! When I would curl my hair before, it would go kind of flat after 5 hours or so, still curly but more wavy instead of the big southern curls. But then my hairdresser told me about this texturizing spray for my curls and now they stay huge, Texas girl curls all day long! I use this every time I curl my hair now so they’ll stay big and voluminous!
3. Bumble and Bumble Invisible Oil Primer – this is my favorite hair styling primer. It makes my hair super soft and shiny. Other primers will leave my hair feeling kind of stiff or crunchy, but this one is uh-mazing!! Plus it smells great! A hairdresser I had back in Austin showed me this product when she was curling my hair and it looked amazing and it helped hold the curls longer and helped to prevent damage from the curling iron.
4. OGX Renewing Moroccan Argan Oil – holy crap I love this stuff. I put this in my hair after I shower while it’s still wet, focusing on the ends of my hair, before I blow dry. This makes my hair soooo soft and shiny and fights frizz all day. Plus it gives my hair an extra layer of protection from my heat styling tools! I use this in my hair after every shower while my hair is still wet!
5. Function of Beauty Shampoo and Conditioner – If you haven’t seen my Function of Beauty Review post, you can check it out here and get the full review. But this shampoo and conditioner has really helped improve my hairs cleanliness and volume. Other shampoos and conditioners can weigh your hair down, especially if you have super long, thick hair like me, and it can prevent your hair from achieving the volume you want. But with the FOB products, my hair feels SUPER clean afterwards and very light and bouncy!
6. OGX Bodifying Renew Dry Shampoo – this is my favorite dry shampoo that I’ve used so far. It’s easy to brush out the white residue #BrunetteProblems and it gives my hair extra volume, even though it’s super greasy and hanging flat against my head! Haha
7. Beach Babe Texturizing Sea Salt Spray – this is a life saver when I don’t have time to style my hair. I can take a shower, spray this texturizing spray into my hair, crinkle it up and move around, and let my natural waves look extra wavy and put together. Not just messy bed head, like usual! 😉 Or if I’m at the beach or floating the river, I can spray this into my hair and let it dry natural and get a cute beach wave look without using heat tools!
8. Ouai Leave-In Conditioner – if you haven’t tried the Ouia hair products collection yet, you are missing out my friend! First of all, it smells like roses. By far, the best smelling hair product that I’ve ever used. Second, the line was made by one of the Kardashian’s hair stylists, so you know it’s legit. I spray this into my hair when it’s wet and let it do it’s while my hair dries. This acts as an extra layer of heat protection primer and it also helps fight frizz and flyaways.
9. Ouai Texturizing Hair Spray – another Ouai hair care product and another texturizing hairspray, what can I say… But this one is a lot lighter. I typically use this Ouai texturizing spray when my hair is wavy or if I let my hair dry naturally and I use the Beach Babe Sea Salt spray. It just gives my hair that extra volume I need because my hair is so heavy and hard to volumize!
10. Garnier Shine Glossing Spray – I use this when my hair is feeling dull and dry. After I style my hair, I’ll spray this on the ends to finish my look and make my hair look extra shiny and extra healthy. If your hair, especially the ends, look thin and damaged after you style it, you should really give this stuff a try!
I really try hard to keep my hair as healthy as possible. I only wash my hair 2-3 times per week, using shampoo only on my scalp and conditioner only on the ends. I never brush my hair while it’s wet, because that’s when it’s the most vulnerable. I never curl or straighten the ends of my hair. And I try to only use the best hair care products to help protect my hair, fix any damage, and prevent future damage from happening!
I hope you enjoyed my list of favorite hair care products and that it will help give some insight on ways to protect your hair and get it nice and strong and healthy!