Does anyone else get super excited about new beauty products?! Every time I find a new blogger/vlogger I always try to find their beauty routine and peep all their products! I’m a beauty stalker… But anywho, I went on a impromptu beauty haul two weeks ago and bought all of these new products that I’ve been using over the last two weeks and so I wanted to share with you my February beauty favorites that I have lined up!
1. Bondi Sands Gradual Tanning Lotion – If you saw my Amazon Maxi Dresses post, you saw that I was in desperate need of a tan… And one of the makeup vloggers I follow always talks about Bondi Sands.! It’s just like a regular, moisturizing lotion so I’ve been putting this on every morning and it definitely works! I am so dark now! And it doesn’t stink either so I just wear it all day. I put this on in the morning and let it dry/soak in while I get ready. I put this all over my body, including my feet, ankles, toes, elbows, knees, tops of hands and fingers, and whatever is left I put on my face!
2. Bondi Sands Self Tanning Foam – I am also really excited about this self tanner because you can add an extra layer 30 minutes after the initial application for a darker, deeper tan. The first time I tried this, I was cuddled up on the couch with my boyfriend and he was wearing a white shirt… and well, some of the self tanner got on his white shirt and it left a reddish/purple residue. We washed the shirt and it came out fine for those of you worried about it, but the reddish purple residue had me so excited because that means it won’t have orange undertones! If you have a self tanner that leaves orange residue, that means you gonna be orange. Purple or brown undertones are the best because they look more natural, so that’s when I knew this self tanner was going to be bomb!
3. OGX Argan Oil of Morocco Dry Shampoo – It’s really hard for me to find a dry shampoo that I like because most of the time, they will leave a white residue in your hair, which is okay for blondes…. But I have dark brown hair, so then I look like I just crawled out of the lint-trapper in the dryer. BUT this stuff does not leave a residue AND it still works really well. Plus it’s volumizing so my hair gets all cute and bouncy after I use it! And it smells amazing.
4. Kiss Blowout Lashes in “Pixie” – I’ve come to the decision that I want to wear false eyelashes more often. My natural eyelashes are already decently long, but I just like the look of false eyelashes so much better. And I tried eyelash extensions back in 2017 and they did not look good at all and they ended up cutting my long eyelashes in half making them really short… So the falsies are so much easier! And these particular lashes I picked up at Walgreens and they’re super comfortable and they actually look more natural than others. Obviously they look like eyelash extensions or something, because no one’s eyelashes are just naturally that long and perfect, but they aren’t shocking and super noticeably fake! I’ve been wearing them every day to work and I’ve definitely been turning some heads 😉
5. Duo Eyelash Adhesive in “Dark Tone” – With the false eyelashes, I had to find a good eyelash adhesive. And let me tell you, this is THE ONE. First of all, it comes in “dark tone”, meaning that it dries black, so it looks exactly like eyeliner. Hello, two-birds-one-stone! Also, the black adhesive looks a lot more natural and less “gluey”. Second, this adhesive isn’t super powerful like most other eyelash adhesives I’ve tried. You know, the ones where you have to pick glue off of your eyelids for the next few days or it just rips the first few layers of skin off of your eyelids and you’re bright red afterwards… Not Duo!!! These come off super easily and completely painless, but it’s also strong enough to keep my false eyelashes on and in place all day long. I put them on in the morning, wear them all day, then take them off at night, without any touch-ups or re-apps! And it’s only $5!!
6. Kylie Cosmetics Koko K Matte Lip Kit – TBH, I love the Kylie Jenner lip kits… I know a lot of people will turn up their nose at the mention of a Kardashian/Jenner member, but I mean Kylie is an almost billionaire just off of her cosmetic line alone for a reason. The stuff is good, y’all! It stays on all day, it’s soft, it doesn’t get all cakey and chunky. And this Koko K color is perfect for me and my skin tone to be able to wear to work without looking like I’m going to a nightclub afterwards. I just can’t pull off dark or bright lip colors… Maybe it’s because my lips are small? Idk… But this color is absolutely perfect for my work lip color!
7. Anastasia Beverly Hills “Sultry” Eyeshadow Palette – Every color in this palette is gorgeous and perfect for winter. I pretty much stick to the same colors whenever I wear eyeshadow: browns, beiges, off-whites, and maybe some gold glitter. If I stray too far from nudes, I look like the 13 year old Jennifer Garner in 13 Going on 30. I know what looks good on me so I stick to it. And this palette provides me with a huge selection of the colors that look good on me. Plus they’re all buildable, too!
And there folks, are my February beauty favorites. Covering all my (winter) bases with the self tanners for my pale skin, the dry shampoo because it’s too cold to get my hair wet, the false eyelashes and adhesive because I’m spending a lot of time in bed and don’t want to put on or take off 100 layers of mascara every day, the nude pink lip color for my dry chapped lips, and the eyeshadow palette to match the season! Yay beauty products helping me keep my sh*t together!!
What’s on your list of beauty must-haves for winter??