Do you have several books that you want to read? Do you feel guilty that you aren’t reading those books? Do you have so much going on that you forget about reading those books? If you answered yes to any of those questions, then this post about how to make time for reading is for you!
I was an English major in college so I spent 4 years reading at least 5 different novels every 2 weeks. My reading list was STACKED literally I had to carry around at least 10 novels with me everywhere during college. But now that I’m out of college and I’m not technically required to read any books, I just forget about them or I forget to make time to read them.
I have soooo many books on my reading to-do list, but then I get so distracted by everything going on that I forget to read them! I just moved into a new house that needs a lot of work and organizing, I have blog posts to write, blog posts to shoot, social media to keep up with, and I have a 9-5 office job! So when the heck am I going to be able to read these books on my list?!
The key is multitasking and keeping your book near you at all times!! I always keep my book in my purse. If I have a dentist appointment, doctor’s appointment, hair appointment, getting a pedicure, waiting for a prescription at Walgreens, waiting in line to check out at the grocery store, etc. I always take out my book and try to get a little reading in while I wait!
I also like to read while I’m cooking, while I’m taking a bath, and I like to get in bed 30 minutes early and use that time to read before going to sleep. Basically, whenever I’m just sitting around scrolling through a social media feed or playing games on my phone, I stop and remind myself that I should be reading instead. And having your book close by to you, either on your kitchen counter, your kitchen table, your coffee table, or your nightstand, will force you to look at the book and make you want to read it!
Prime Reading Times:
- Waiting rooms at an appointment
- While getting a pedicure
- In a long grocery store checkout line
- During your lunch break at work
- Waiting in the carpool line to pick up kids
- In bed before you go to sleep
- While you’re cooking/making dinner
- Instead of being on your phone
- Instead of watching tv or while you are watching tv
Books on my Reading List:
- Pretty Girls by Karin Slaughter – currently reading this and it’s so good so far! I’ll post a review soon (Thriller + $8.49 Paperback + Amazon Prime)
- The Couple Next Door by Shari Lapena – (Thriller + $11.66 Paperback + Amazon Prime)
- Behind Closed Doors by B.A. Paris – (Thriller + $9.89 Paperback + Amazon Prime)
- The French Girl by Lexi Elliott – (Thriller + $14.51 Hardcover + Amazon Prime)
- How to Make Love Like a Pornstar: A Cautionary Tale by Jenna Jameson – lol… It’s really about her life growing up and what led her to become a pornstar… Plus there’s also some tips and tricks throughout 😉 No harm in perfecting a skill right?! (Autobiography + $18.99 Paperback)
Happy reading ladies!! Do you have any tips on how to make time for reading or any good books I should check out?!