I’m definitely not someone who drops $200 like it’s hot. So this was a pretty big deal for me. I had been doing a lot of research on new skincare products to try and I’ve been a tad obsessed with The Skinny Confidential lately and her impressive, borderline-neurotic beauty regimen and how she looks completely flawless. I realized I have been missing so much from my skincare routine, I haven’t been applying products as well as I could have been, and I didn’t know sh*t about lymphatic drainage and how it helps reduce inflammation and puffiness. So I hopped on over to Amazon and made a huge Amazon beauty haul with over $200 worth of new beauty products. I also posted it all on my Instagram stories, but if you missed it, I saved it to my Amazon Beauty highlights!
Not everything I bought is technically a skincare product but it definitely is a beauty product. I’ve been extremely stressed out and anxious and constantly worrying lately. So I did some research on these self-help-type books about managing stress and anxiety, how to practice stoicism daily, and (of course) the TSC Lifestyle Guide book – because who doesn’t want to learn more about those things?! These books and guides will help me to be more beautiful on the inside, which I could always improve on.
So what all did I buy during this huge Amazon beauty haul, you ask? I’ll list them all for you:
1. Silver Fern Ultimate Probiotic Supplements – I’ve never really taken probiotics before, but apparently they are extremely beneficial to your health and beauty. Here are some of the benefits of these probiotics: improves regularity of bowel movements (hello), reduces gas (omg), reduces bloating (yes please), reduces inflammation (okurr), improves mood (hallelujah), REDUCES SUGAR CRAVINGS (amen), and ACCELERATES YOUR METABOLISM!!! Like, why am I just now learning about this?? And… apparently, if you’re taking antibiotics, you have to be taking probiotics also, or else you’ll get a yeast infection. At least that’s what I’ve been told, haha! So this is like a miracle pill for women basically. Well besides the birth control pill. 😉
2. Eminence Licorice Root Serum – y’all aren’t going to believe this… You know how sometimes (or all the time) your upper lip looks dark and almost looks like you have a mustache? WELL, that is called a ‘sun mustache’ or melasma if you want to be fancy. Apparently one of the side effects of sun damage is that your skin over-produces melanin and all that melanin clustered together makes your upper lip look darker and gives you the sun mustache, especially for women. BUT IT’S REVERSIBLE!!! Apparently licorice root oil reverses melasma and can reduce the appearance of your sun mustache. So if you have a wedding coming up or a big event – or you’re just tired of having a mustache that won’t go away no matter how many times you wax – get you some licorice root serum and start using that ish ASAP so the sun mustache will be gone by the time your big day comes around!
3. Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Daily Peel Pads – these daily peel pads are essentially a chemical peel but without the recovery time and high cost. And they take like five seconds. It is a micro-exfoliator in a two-step pad form. Since the pads are kind of large and I have a smaller face, I’m going to cut each pad in half and only use half of a pad at a time to save product and save money. The first pad is used to exfoliate and smooth your skin. The second pad is an anti-aging neutralizer. So these peel pads will help with anti-aging, acne scars or marks, overall skintone balance and radiance, and minimizing pores. I’ve heard that they can burn/sting if you have blemishes or any cuts on your face but I’ve also heard that it’s very worth it… So take that as you will!
4. Ultimate Double-Chin Eraser Masks – my mom calls these our “waddles” and apparently they run in my family… Mine isn’t really a fatty double chin, it’s more just sagging skin behind my chin. And I have the biggest chin in the world so that makes it look 10x worse. I could lose all the weight in the world and I’m pretty sure that saggy, waddle skin will still be there. So I can either get it lasered off ($$), surgically removed ($$$), or I can give these masks a try and hopefully that helps! I’m hoping that since it is sagging skin and not fat, these masks can just help tighten that right up and get rid of it. I’ll do some before and after pictures if these work!!
5. Anti-Aging Vitamin C + Hyaluronic Acid Facial Serum – this facial serum is supposed to fight blemishes, keep your face hydrated, fight signs of aging, and restore and boost collagen. The vitamin C helps to reduce under eye puffiness, dark circles, and crows feet. And the other antioxidants in this brightening serum help tighten and tone the skin while smoothing texture and boosting radiance. Yes please! By the way, this product is bright orange and looks edible AF because they use real oranges I guess, so you know it has good, natural ingredients in it. It also doesn’t leave your face feeling sticky. I used it this morning and let it set in for two minutes so it would fully absorb!
6. Anti-Aging Jade Roller Facial Massager – I learned a lot about lymphatic drainage and how it helps fight inflammation and helps get the blood in your face circulating for a bright, radiant complexion. You’re supposed to massage your face upwards and outwards. Never rub your face down or toward the center of your face. Wrinkles, wrinkles, wrinkles. But rolling the jade roller up and out on your face for 5 minutes every morning will help stimulate lymphatic drainage and can make your face look slimmer, less puffy, and less bloated. Plus it feels really good!!
7. Korean Collagen Facial Masks/Sheet Masks – I rarely use sheet masks but they have a lot of skincare benefits. So now that it is officially Fall and hopefully the temperature drops soon, I’m going to start taking more bubble baths while wearing sheet masks and reading my new self-help books or catch up on Netflix. This pack that I bought comes with 16 sheet masks (only $10) so it will last me a while and I can keep them handy so I can just jump in the tub and relax and get my sheet mask on!
8. Collagen Eye Mask Pads – I’ve never actually used these before but I always see people wearing them on Instagram or Youtube so I wanted to give them a try in my huge Amazon beauty haul! I have some pretty stubborn dark circles under my eyes that won’t go away no matter how much sleep I get or how much concealer I put on. And I’m getting some fine lines under my eyes and crows feet also. But the before and after pictures of these on Amazon looked really promising so I’m excited to try them and hopeful that they’ll work for me! I got 4 packs with 30 eye mask pads in each for only $5 so that’s 120 collagen eye mask pads for $4.99… Yes Lawd.
9. The Daily Stoic: 366 Meditations on Wisdom, Perseverance, and the Art of Living – beauty is not just about what’s on the outside but also how you feel on the inside. Part of my huge Amazon beauty haul was inner beauty and tips and tricks to stay mentally healthy and feeling beautiful internally also. And that’s why I’m super excited about this workbook! It is a different meditation each day of the year focusing on stoicism and how to be more stoic in our everyday lives. The definition of stoicism is the endurance of pain or hardship without the display of feelings and without complaint (*). I know that sounds really extreme but it basically means to have patience with whatever life throws at you and to hold your head up high, smile, and stay positive instead of becoming overwhelmed, anxious, stressed out and/or worried. Which I could definitely use some more of in my life! This is a daily workbook so I’ll probably keep it in my purse with me and every day when I get to work (or when I wake up on the weekends) I take it out and read the meditation for whatever day it is.
10. The Skinny Confidential: A Babe’s Sexy, Sassy, Fitness and Lifestyle Guide – like I said earlier, I’ve been a tad bit obsessed with Lauryn Evarts-Bosstick and The Skinny Confidential lately and all of her beauty, health, and fitness hacks. So when I found her book on Amazon I threw that shit in my cart immediately. Plus it was only $13.30. The book was published five years ago so I think it’s going to be interesting to read and see all of her ‘sexy, sassy, fitness and lifestyle tips’ from five years ago and see how she has used them to become this major influencer, blogger, podcast host, YouTube vlogger, public speaker, Instagram model, etc. that she is today. Who knows, maybe I can use these same tips to get where she is in five years?!
11. Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Made Simple: 10 Strategies for Managing Anxiety, Depression, Anger, Panic, and Worry – that was a mouthful right? I don’t suffer from depression and I don’t have anger issues, but I do have pretty bad anxiety and will keep myself up all night worrying about something that is out of my control. Like my chest and neck will break out into red/purple splotches or even hives when I have anxiety and then I’ll get this irrational idea in my head and start panicking over it. It’s not a pretty sight. So I think reading this book and learning these 10 strategies to help manage anxiety will be a good step in the right direction for me in controlling it and not letting it get the best of me. I’ll report back with what I learn from the book!
So that is it for my huge Amazon beauty haul! Adding a lot of important steps to my skincare routine plus some inner beauty regimens also. You can never have too much inner beauty. I’m excited to try everything and to start really preventing those wrinkles and fine lines!