Summer tiiiime and the livin’s easy! I wanted to share my updated summer skincare routine since I’ve gone from dry, winter-skin to constantly sweaty, summer-skin. I’ve incorporated some new self tanners, teeth whitening, retinol, and more!
Morning Summer Skincare Routine:
1. Wash face with Tula Purifying Face Cleanser and Clarisonic Mia Cleansing Brush. I like using this cleansing brush tool to wash my face because I feel like it exfoliates my skin at the same time and really takes off ALL of my old makeup and takes off the dead skin also! And the Tula face wash is really gentle at the same time and doesn’t make my face red or irritated like other facial cleansers that I’ve tried.
2. Toner – Tula Pro-Glycolic 10% pH Resurfacing Gel. It’s really important to use an acid toner after you wash your face because washing your face messes up the pH balance in your skin and can irritate your skin. Plus this toner has really changed my skin tone and helped my face look more even.
3. Under-eye cream – Tula Multispectrum Eye Renewal Serum. This has a metal application head that help reduce under-eye puffiness and dark circles. Plus it just feels really good in the morning, it helps wake my skin up!
4. Rosehip oil – I either use the Biossance Squalane Vitamin C Rosehip Oil or I use the Julep Boost Your Radiance Hydrating Rosehip Oil. With the face wash, exfoliating, and acid toner, it’s important to use a vitamin-enriched oil on your face to help replenish all of the healthy vitamins you just lost. Plus rosehip oil helps even out your skin tone and helps reduce any marks, spots, or even scars that your face has!
5. Fine line corrector – I apply BaeBody Eye Gel under and around my eyes where I have fine lines forming and I apply it to my forehead and the smile lines around my mouth. I know it says “eye gel” but it has really great reviews for reducing the appearance of fine lines so I’m using it everywhere! I’ll even put it on my neck and chest to help tighten those areas.
6. Moisturizer – I use the Tula Hydrating Day & Night Cream as my morning moisturizer. I love how it doesn’t leave my skin really greasy and I can easily apply makeup afterwards and not look like a greasy mess!
7. Sunscreen – I use the Neutrogena Sheer Zinc SPF 50 Face Dry-Touch Sunblock before I apply makeup so it has enough time to dry. And it’s dry-touch so it doesn’t leave my face greasy.
8. Brush my teeth with the Native Charcoal Toothpaste. I like how the Native brand is completely organic, paraben-free, and sulfate-free. I’m trying to avoid putting bad things into my body so this healthy toothpaste brings me peace of mind.
9. Exfoliate my lips with the Tarte Pout Prep. I have such dry, chapped lips it’s disgusting! I use this lip exfoliant in the morning to take off all the dead skin so that my lipstick with go on more smoothly.
10. Lip plumper – I use the Dr. Brandt Needles No More 3D Lip Plumpfix after I get all of the dead skin off to help plump my lips. I eventually want to get (subtle) lip injections so I figured I would test the waters with this much cheaper alternative first! There is a morning serum and a nighttime serum. Obviously I use the morning one in the morning 😉
11. Teeth whitener pen – I apply the Go Smile On-The-Go Teeth Whitening Pen and then let it sit for 20 or 30 minutes while I put my makeup on. Then once the time is up, I just spit it all out and do a quick rinse.
Evening Summer Skincare Routine:
1. When I shower at night I’ll use the Dr. Brandt Microdermabrasion Skin Exfoliant on my face to help get rid of all the dead skin and really clean my pores from all the summer sweat.
2. On Thursdays and Sundays I’ll apply a self tanner after I shower. I’ve been using the Loving Tan 2hr Express Self Tanning Mousse or the L’Oreal Sublime Bronze Hydrating Self Tanning Water Mousse on Thursdays because they have faster drying times. And I use the Bondi Sands Self Tanning Foam (dark) on Sundays when I have more time to let it absorb!
(If I’m using a self tanner, I’ll rinse it off before doing my skincare routine. But if it’s a non-self-tanner day, I’ll just continue my skincare routine after I” get out of the shower)
3. Toner – I always use the Tula Pro-Glycolic 10% pH Resurfacing Gel toner after I wash my face.
4. Eye cream – I use the Tula Revitalizing Eye Cream underneath and around my eyes where I’m getting fine lines.
5. Retinol – I use the Sunday Riley A+ High-Dose Retinoid Serum on my forehead at night before I apply moisturizer. And I give it enough time to dry before I apply the moisturizer, too!
6. Moisturizer – After the retinol has had time to absorb, I use the It Cosmetics Confidence in a Cream Hydrating Moisturizer. This one is thicker and will leave your face looking very hydrated so I use this one at night to let it dry overnight.
7. Lips – I use the Dr. Brandt Needles No More 3D Lip Plumpfix, the nighttime one. This serum is really thick like shampoo so I let it dry overnight. Or if my lips are really chapped, I’ll use the Bite Beauty Agave Lip Mask. This stuff really hydrates my lips and makes them super soft and smooth the next day.
8. Lashes – I apply NeuLash Lash Enhancing Serum to my upper lashes and to the bald spots in my eyebrows. I have eyelash extensions but this stuff really works so I still apply it to my lashes at night to help make my natural lashes longer.
And that’s my complete summer skincare routine! Both the morning and evening routines plus all of the exact products that I use. Skincare is only newly important to me. I started finding fine lines around my eyes and on my forehead and I realized that this is my skin and my face forever so I need to start taking care of this ish! And so now I make sure to include my skincare routine on my daily activity to-do list!
Comment below if you have questions or you can email me also! 🙂