Hello hello! If you follow me on Instagram and/or saw my Huge Amazon Beauty Haul post, you’ll know that I recently bought a ton of new beauty and skincare products. And with that said, I have really amped up my skincare routine to incorporate everything new that I’ve added to my collection. So I wanted to share my new updated skincare routine with you all, along with some little informational treats to push your skincare routine even further and get you the most out of your beauty products! AND I wanted to show you via video so that you can actually see how I apply everything, how much I use, and so on!
Were you aware that the way you apply your moisturizer, oils, creams, makeup remover, etc. can actually make your skin age more and counteract your anti-aging products?! I was not aware of this until recently… So grab a pen and paper and let me hit you with some knowledge about my updated skincare routine that will hopefully save you from a lot of premature botox in the coming years!
This post is going to contain a lot of information, but I will try my best to organize it all as coherently as possible, haha! So let’s start with all of the products that I use and what they’re used for:
1. TULA Purifying Facial Cleanser – This face wash contains probiotics and superfoods to not only clean your skin but also help replenish and condition your skin. It cleanses really well but it’s also super gentle and doesn’t leave my face feeling dry or stripped. I use this with the Clarisonic Mia Cleansing Brush to massage my face while cleansing it. #TwoBirdsOneStone
2. Clarisonic Mia Electronic Cleansing Brush – I bought this cleansing brush four years ago at Sephora when the beautician told me I wasn’t washing my face well enough and it was making my foundation build up and get all cakey on my face. So I told him to ring that shit up ASAP! I’ve been using it ever since and I really do notice a huge difference when I just use my hands versus when I use the cleansing brush that vibrates, spins, and has soft, gentle bristles to get deep into the pores. (That last sentence sounded like a customer review for a vibrator) #ThatsWhatSheSaid
3. Dr Dennis Gross Skincare Daily 2-Step Peel Pads – This is a two-step anti-aging daily face peel. Step one exfoliates the skin and removes dead skin cells, then step 2 comes in and nourishes the new fresh layer of skin with hydrating, anti-aging ingredients. This product is kind of pricey, but if you cut each wipe in half and store in a sealed plastic bag, the box will last twice as long!
4. TULA Pro-Glycolic 10% pH Resurfacing Gel Toner – This is an alcohol-free toner that contains probiotics, glycolic acid, and beetroot extract. After washing my face and using the peel pads, this toner helps to smooth and reduce the appearance of pores, plus hydrating and balancing out the pH of my skin to get it back to normal.
5. InstaNatural Vitamin C Serum – This serum has hyaluronic acid, ferulic acid, antioxidants, vitamin E, rosehip oil, argan oil, and sea buckthorn oil to fight blemishes, fine lines and wrinkles, boost skin’s radiance, strengthen skin, and reverse damage. My skin eats this stuff up and absorbs it like crazy.
6. Eminence Licorice Root Serum – This stuff is actually really cool and I just learned about licorice root oil and what it does for the skin. Licorice root oil reduces the appearance of hyperpigmentation (i.e. SUN MUSTACHE!!). Is your upper lip slightly darker than the rest of your face giving you a mustache? Even though you wax or bleach your upper lip hair? That’s called a sun mustache and that is actually sun damage and hyperpigmentation! Licorice root oil helps reverse that and makes it go away. #Hallelujah
7. Jade Roller – Technically this is a Rose Quartz jade roller, but still. The stone is always cold so rolling this over your face, neck, chest, etc. helps reduce inflammation, regulate blood flow, reduce puffiness, firm wrinkles and fine lines, and helps to slim your face also. And it just feels really good.
8. TULA Hydrating Day & Night Moisturizer – This moisturizer has probiotics and superfoods to hydrate and revive dull skin leaving you with an even, glowing, youthful-looking complexion. It’s also very light so I use it in the mornings before putting on makeup because it won’t leave me greasy-looking.
9. TULA Eye Renewal Serum – This is an instant de-puffing tool that I can’t live without. The metal applicator feels so good under my eyes in the morning and instantly helps to de-puff and reduce the bags and dark circles under my eyes. And the serum itself is formulated with caffeine, plant-extracts, and probiotics to help reduce wrinkles and fine lines, tighten droopy eyelids, and brighten the under eye area.
10. NeuLash Lash Enhancing Serum – I’ve been using this for a few years now after my first attempt at eyelash extensions. This serum really works and I still use it WITH my eyelash extensions to help my natural eyelashes keep growing and grow back super quickly if one falls out.
11. Sunday Riley A+ High-Dose Retinoid Serum – The one I have is actually a sample size that I got for free. I’ve never used retinol before so I figured this product would be a good place to start. Retinol is the next best thing from Botox to reverse wrinkles and fine lines. I’ll get into retinol in a different post after I do more research!
12. Drunk Elephant Virgin Marula Antioxidant Facial Oil – Oils filled with antioxidants, superfoods, and vitamins are so important for your skin. A lot of the skincare products you use can strip your skin and take away those vitamins that it needs. So adding a daily antioxidant oil helps put all of those vitamins back in and helps balance your skintone, brighten your skin, fight fine lines and wrinkles, and help nourish your skin from the inside out.
13. TULA Revitalizing Eye Cream – This eye cream contains probiotics and squalene to help minimize the appearance of wrinkles, fine lines and dark circles. It’s a small jar for the price, but I only use as much as would fit on the head of a nail for each eye so the jar lasts for a longggg time.
14. IT Cosmetics Confidence in a Cream Moisturizer – This is the moisturizer that I use at night because it’s much thicker than the TULA so it has time to really absorb into my skin overnight. This moisturizer was developed by actual plastic surgeons and it’s formulated to plump the look of fine lines and wrinkles.
15. Tarte Lip Exfoliator – This lip exfoliator is perfect for chapped lips (like mine). They are always sooo chapped and they will bleed and leave little scabs. So I use this exfoliator to scrub all of the chapped, dead skin off and leave them soft.
16. Bite Beauty Agave Lip Mask – This agave lip mask is no joke. I wear this at night when I sleep and my lips are so nice and smooth and hydrated in the morning. It’s really thick so it’s like putting conditioner on my lips overnight.
17. GloPRO Microneedling Regeneration Tool – This is my best friend. This microneedling tool triggers the skin’s natural healing process and induces micro-regeneration deep within the skin. The tiny micro-needles (not actual needles, it doesn’t hurt at all) roll over the skin and makes imperceptible micro channels to help produce new collagen, restore skin volume, and allow products to penetrate the skin more deeply so you get more out of your skincare products.
18. Ultimate Chin Up Applicator – This face/neck wrap helps to get rid of a double chin. I have this little skin sack under my chin that like all the dieting and exercising in the world won’t make it go away. It’s just skin… idk. But I wear this once a week while I take a bath or while I’m sitting on the couch watching TV and it helps tighten up the neck and under-chin area.
19. Korean Collagen Facial Sheet Masks – I found these from The Skinny Confidential. It’s a pack of 16 facial masks for only $9.99! And each one has different ingredients like cucumber, green tea, aloe, charcoal, etc.
20. Collagen Eye Mask Pads – These go directly under your eyes to fight wrinkles and fine lines. I’ll wear these in the bath tub, while watching TV, while traveling, etc. They help to brighten your under eyes, reduce puffiness, reduce dark circles, and of course they’re anti-aging also. These come in a set of 4 packs with 30 eye mask pads in each. So 120 eye masks for only $4.99! What?!
So now let’s actually get into the new updated skincare routine. I’ve filmed myself doing both my morning and my nightly skincare routines so that you can see how I apply the products, how much product I use, etc.
Morning Skincare Routine:
- Peel pads step 1 & 2
- Under eye de-puffer
- Vitamin C serum
- Licorice root oil
- Jade roller facial massage
Evening Skincare Routine:
- Wash face with cleansing brush & cleanser
- Peel pads step 1 & 2
- Vitamin C serum
- Licorice root oil
- Eye cream
- Rosehip oil
- Lip exfoliator
- Lip treatment
And now for some update skincare routine hacks, tips, and tricks that I’ve recently learned:
#1 – Never rub your face with pressure. Try to dab or pat your face as much as you can instead of rubbing. So like drying your face, don’t wipe with the towel. Just dab your face dry. And when you’re applying a product, try to pat the product onto your face instead of rubbing it in. When you rub your face, you’re moving your skin all up and down, in and out, etc. so that is loosening the skin and can cause extra fine lines and wrinkles. Not immediately, but over time rubbing will cause damage.
#2 – Let your skincare products sit on your skin and absorb in for a minute. Try not to rush through your skincare routine and let each product have a minute or two to fully absorb and soak into your skin. Letting each product absorb in for a few minutes before applying the next ensures that each product is getting its fair shot at working. And if you apply one product while the one before is still wet and sitting on the surface, one product can block the other from absorbing.
#3 – Take your skincare down to your neck, chest, hands, and boobs. Hell, take your skincare all over your body if you want to. If you only apply your skincare routine to your face, you’ll have a 20 year old’s face on a 40 year old’s neck and chest. So you want everything to look the same. I have really delicate skin on my boobs because I had a boob job so I always apply my skincare products on my boobs, neck, chest, and the backs of my hands so that my skin will stay tight and firm and not be as damaged by the sun.
#4 – Don’t over-cleanse your face. Over-cleansing your face can actually cause blemishes and acne because you are stripping your skin over and over again and not giving your skin enough time to balance out and bounce back. Only wash your face once a day, either in the morning or at night. I prefer to wash my face at night when I take a shower so that I get all of the makeup from the day off and I can go to sleep with a clean slate and wake up the same way.
#5 – Only use the more intense products a few times a week and not every day. For instance, the GloPRO Microneedling tool I only use twice a week because I don’t want to over do it with my skin. BUT, if your fine lines are much more prominent, you can use this every day until you see a good result and then you can lower the cadence to only a few times a week. Same with the chin up applicator, I only use this once a week. I don’t use a collagen sheet mask every day and I don’t use the collagen eye mask pads every day either. If I take a bath or just feel like relaxing or if I think my skin needs extra TLC I’ll use them. This can be 3 days in a row or once every 3 weeks. Just depends on how my skin feels.
Shop My Updated Skincare Routine