This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclaimer for more info.
Doesn’t this weather make you want to just stay inside all cuddled up on the couch under your warmest blanket? It definitely does for me!! And there’s nothing wrong with staying in and catching up on your favorite TV shows or starting new ones! You don’t have to feel pressure to go out and socialize or “be productive”. It’s perfectly okay to stay inside, relax, and binge-watch your favorite TV shows after a long day of work or on a cold, gloomy weekend!
Here are my favorite TV shows that I love binge-watching:
- Sex and the City – I think every woman needs to watch this show at some point in her life. I would not be the person I am today if I had never watched this truly inspiring and educational show 😉
- The Handmaid’s Tale – I’m sure you’ve heard the hype about this show, but that’s because it really is amazing. I can only binge-watch it because I’ll lose my shit waiting on an episode
- Dirty John – this show is actually about the trauma that my good friend Terra and her family went through. I met her before the show came out so of course I had to watch it religiously once it did. It is very educational about dating and the signs and red flags you should keep watch for to avoid a traumatizing, life-endangering relationship like the one Terra’s mom experienced.
- Chilling Adventures of Sabrina – I thought this show was going to be for teenagers, a kind of Twilight Saga audience you know, but oh man this show is baller. Definitely not for kids at all. It’s so good that even my boyfriend binge-watched it with me!
- Shameless – so good and captivating. That’s really all I can think of to describe this that won’t be a novel.
- The Bold Type – This is a Freeform show and it can be kind of corny and heavy-handed sometimes but it’s nice to find a show about young women in the working world and not just going on and on about their love interests. Women work too and have more going on in our lives than just our love interests, okay?!
- Breaking Bad – this show is older, but if you haven’t watched it yet, then please do… My boyfriend is binge-watching it now so that means I get to watch it all over again!!
- Game of Thrones – obviously you’ve heard of how good this show is. But you should believe the hype!! It’s definitely interesting
- Insecure – this is another HBO show and it is “hella good”. Issa Rae is extremely talented and relatable. This show got me through a rough patch in my life so it’s definitely worth checking out. Plus it’s hilarious.
- Sharp Objects – yet another binge-worthy HBO show. This one literally had me freaking out. I even gasped and exclaimed a few times. Biggest twist ever omg I’m going to exclaim again.
- Big Little Lies – another one (DJ Khaled voice). This show is based on a really great book and it’s no surprise that HBO made the TV series fantastic also. So many twists and turns and edge-of-your-seat moments I could hardly deal… Please watch it!
- The Beginning of Everything – this show I found out about from a friend because she knows I am such a book nerd. This is about F. Scott Fitzgerald and his lover Zelda. Such a great show about their epic romance. Zelda is my spirit animal I swear.
- West World – another HBO show, sorry not sorry. This show is reallllly interesting and really makes you think. It is very dramatic and will have you saying “wtf” or “that shit’s crazy” every 15 minutes. So good!
- Ozark – another TV show that will have you saying “wtf” every few minutes also. So mesmerizing and creepy, but definitely interesting to watch!
- American Horror Story – I watch this show religiously every time a new season comes out. Emma Roberts is one of my favorite actors and her roles in AHS, especially in Coven and Apocalypse, are a serious mood in my life. This show is crazy good. One of my favorites.
- Scream Queens – did I mention that Emma Roberts is one of my favorite actors? Well her “mood” role from AHS carries over to Scream Queens where she plays Chanel and is a seriously bad bitch. And that’s what I aspire to be in my life.
- Jane the Virgin – this show is really corny, but that’s how it’s supposed to be. It’s supposed to mock telenovelas and be very “soap-operay” but in an ironic sort of way. The narrator mentions how dramatic and soap-operay everyone is haha!
- The Office – of course. Everyone should watch The Office it is so freakin funny.
- Parks and Rec – of course, again. Such a funny show!!
- Pretty Little Liars – this show was phenomenal. I watched religiously when it aired. The girls are all kind of bitchy and it’s so great! Plus a lot of crazy sh*t happens that will leave you wanting to binge-watch!
- You – this is a new Netflix show and it is crazy good, emphasis on the crazy. Another “wtf” every few minutes shows!!!! I can’t stop watching it. Plus it really made me think about my social media habits and the persona that I have in real life vs. on social media and it’s really made me want to match the two more closely!
So grab some wine, your slippers, and some popcorn and embrace the binge-watching! These shows are excellent conversation starters for when the weather warms up and it’s safe to venture outside again! 😉