Happy (Meatless) Monday everyone! Today I’m sharing my absolute FAVORITE recipe in the whole world. My mom used to have this tomato, caper, and artichoke pasta waiting for me when I came back from college. It’s seriously so amazing, it’s healthy, it’s meatless, AND it is super easy/quick to make!! I’m talking under 15 minutes to make.
I like cooking meatless meals for several different reasons. First, meat and dairy is very hard for your body to digest so these lighter, plant-based diets are better for your digestive system and overall health. Plus my boyfriend suffers from Crohn’s Disease (but he’s in denial) so I make him eat these delicious meatless/vegan meals to help with his symptoms.
Second, meat is expensive… I don’t want to spend $10 for a two chicken breasts + another $10 for a bag of frozen shrimp + another $10 for pork chops + another $15 for steak… Do I look like I can afford to buy meat?! I’d rather buy shoes.
And lastly, vegan, plant-based, dairy-free diets are so healthy for you. My doctor a few years ago told me that if I wanted to lose weight I needed to cut meat and animal products out of my diet. 3 months later, I dropped 30 pounds. Therefore, I make meatless meals because I enjoy staying skinny, not having a boyfriend with a tummy ache, and not being completely broke!
So let’s get cookin’, shall we?
- 16oz Farfalle (bowtie) or Penne Pasta – You can also use gluten free noodles or whole wheat noodles too!
- One 3oz Jar of Nonpareil Capers (I use the juice too)
- One 14oz Can of Quartered or Whole Artichoke Hearts (drained and kind of shred them/separate them with your fingers)
- One 15oz Can of Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Optional: red pepper flakes to add a lil’ heat
1. Heat a large pot filled halfway with water and the 1 tbsp of olive oil over high heat.
2. In a small-medium pot, combine the crushed tomatoes, the capers & caper juice, and the drained artichoke hearts. Heat over medium-low COVERED. Stir occasionally
3. When the water begins to boil, add the noodles and a sprinkle of salt. Boil for 12 minutes. Stir occasionally.
4. When the noodles are done, drain them and remove the sauce from heat. Cover the noodles with the sauce and serve immediately!
How easy was that?! I hope you all love this tomato, caper and artichoke pasta recipe as much as my family and I do! Let me know if you try it!!
Tomato Caper and Artichoke Pasta
- 16 oz Farfalle/Bowtie or Penne Pasta
- 3 oz Jar Nonpareil Capers leave in juice
- 15 oz Can Crushed Tomatoes
- 14 oz Can Quartered Artichoke Hearts drained and shredded
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper to tasta
- Red Pepper Flakes optional
- Heat a large pot filled halfway with water and the 1 tbsp of olive oil over high heat.
- In a small-medium pot, combine the crushed tomatoes, the capers & caper juice, and the drained artichoke hearts. Heat over medium-low COVERED. Stir occasionally
- When the water begins to boil, add the noodles and a sprinkle of salt. Boil for 12 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- When the noodles are done, drain them and remove the sauce from heat. Cover the noodles with the sauce and serve immediately!